And when two people have loved each other
see how it is like a
scar between their bodies,
stronger, darker, and proud;
how the black cord makes of them a single fabric
that nothing can tear or mend.excerpt from “For What Binds Us” – A Poem by Jane Hirshfield
Whether it is your first valentine’s anniversary or you are celebrating your 20th Valentine. Whether you’re a fan of Valentine’s Day or consider it to be an over-commercialized holiday. You just cannot discount the significance and power of telling someone that you love them.
No matter if this is a start of your new relationship or if you are celebrating with your long-time beau, enjoying a meal together is in fact… a perfect way to demonstrate your love! This delicious Valentine’s special appetizer will help you create the perfect romantic meal from the comfort of your home.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!!!
Need step-by-step instructions and all the details, checkout my video below for all that and a lot more recipes. Excited about receiving new, interesting recipe emails in your inbox? Simply subscribe to my website, especially my YouTube Channel and click on notifications bell!
Valentine’s Special – Beet Hummus & Goat Cheese Tart
- 1 heart shaped cutout, approx. 4” wide
- 1 heart shaped cutout, approx. 2” wide
- 1 Fork
- 1 Knife
FOR THE TART
- 1 Package puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 Cup Roasted beet & walnut hummus
- 3-4 oz. Goat cheese broken into small pieces
FOR EGG WASH
- 1 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Water
FOR THE EGG WASH
- Crack an egg in a bowl.
- Add water to it.
- Whisk to mix both the ingredients. Use a pastry brush to coat bakery products with egg wash.
FOR TART ASSEMBLY
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Place the 4” wide heart cutout on the dough & cut the shape using a knife. Repeat till all the dough has been cut out.
- Now place the 2” wide cutout right in the center & trace the outline using a fork. Repeat for all the tarts.
- Bake tart until the edges are golden brown (about 15 mins.)
- Remove from the oven, let it cool down.
- Run the knife over the poked outline in the center. Remove the shell, place aside.
- Spread the beet hummus over each tart.
- Spread the goat cheese over hummus.
- Place the shell on top of the tart and serve.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
- You will get 4-5 tarts with a 4” wide heart cutout.
- Smaller the width of the cutout, more the tarts.
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment, rate it, follow us on Instagram @RecipeForte. It is super helpful for us and other readers.
Making this recipe?? Share a photo, tag with #recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.