CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!!!
Need step-by-step instructions and all the details, checkout my video below for all that and a lot more recipes. Excited about receiving new, interesting recipe emails in your inbox? Simply subscribe to my website, especially my YouTube Channel and click on notifications bell!
Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 2 quarts Water, for boiling
- 3 Tbsps. Salt, for boiling
For the Glaze
- 4 Tbsps. Unsalted butter
- ¾ Cup Brown sugar, packed
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Tbsps. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Tsp Ground ginger powder
- ¼ Tsp Cinnamon powder
- ⅛ Tsp Cayenne powder
- ½ Tsp Salt, to taste
- For Garnish Pepitas, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, etc., chopped
- Peel & chop sweet potatoes into 1/4"-1/2" thick slices
- Wash the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt
- Boil water in a saucepot, add salt to it.
- Add sweet potatoes to the sauce pot
- Boil till sweet potatoes are soft, use knife for a prick test. They should be a little tender and not to soft (like al dente pasta). It took me approximately 8 minutes on a medium heat to get tender sweet potatoes. Boiling time may vary for you.
- Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Reserve the water in which you boiled the sweet potatoes.
- In a separate saucepan, add butter, cloves, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Keep stirring on medium heat till the brown sugar starts dissolving in the maple syrup.
- Add ground ginger, cinnamon, cayenne powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Keep stirring to mix all the ingredients.
- Boil till you see a lot of bubbles and the mix turns into a runny liquid.
- Add boiled sweet potatoes and reduce the heat to a low
- Gently stir after 3-5 minutes to evenly coat the sweet potatoes with maple glaze.
- Remove from heat after another 5 minutes and transfer into a serving dish.
- Garnish with topping of your choice, happy thanksgiving!
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment, rate it, follow us on Instagram @RecipeForte. It is super helpful for us and other readers.
Making this recipe?? Share a photo, tag with #recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Enjoy this MAPLE GLAZED SWEET POTATOES with VEGAN BEANS CURRY served on rice and ROASTED BEETROOT & WALNUT HUMMUS.
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.
Leave a Reply