CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!!!
Need step-by-step instructions and all the details, checkout my video below for all that and a lot more recipes. Excited about receiving new, interesting recipe emails in your inbox? Simply subscribe to my website, especially my YouTube Channel and click on notifications bell!
Linguine with Asparagus and Eggs
- 225 gm Asparagus, or ½ lb.
- 175 gm Linguine, or 6 oz.
- ¼ Tbsp. Butter, or 3.53 gm
- 1 Tbsp Mascarpone
- 1 – 2 Tsp Fresh parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Eggs, medium
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Salt + extra for boiling pasta & asparagus
- ¼ Tsp Ground black pepper
- Wash the asparagus and snap the woody ends off and discard. Cut the stems in half lengthwise.
- Cook the pasta according to pasta instructions, until al-dente. Drain and keep aside.
- Cook asparagus in simmering salted water until just tender, for about 3 – 4 minutes. Drain and add to the ice bath for a couple of minutes. Drain again and pat dry.
- Toss butter into a pan over medium heat. Add mascarpone cheese. Let it melt before adding salt, asparagus and linguine. Toss around till pasta is covered in mascarpone.
- Transfer pasta into preheated pasta bowls.
- In the same pan, add olive oil over low heat and gently break in the eggs. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until the whites set in and yolks are still runny.
- Top the pasta with eggs, optional.
- Season with black pepper, sea salt and freshly grated parmesan on top, before serving.
Please refer to the below table on water & salt ratio to use when boiling pasta:
|PASTA :||SALT :||WATER|
|1 pound of pasta||1 tablespoon salt||4 quarts (16 cups) water|
|¼ Pound (4 ounce) dry pasta||¾ Tsp Salt||1 Quarts (4 cups) water|
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment below, rate it! It is super helpful for us and other readers. Be sure to follow us on Facebook @RecipeForte.
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.