Summertime is always about drinking fresh lemonade, eating fresh fruit to beat the heat. Given this blistering hot Texas weather, I have been making this Irresistible summer dessert – Le Cocoblue, on rotation. I named it so because of the ingredients I added to the popsicles – La Lechera (sweetened condensed milk), Coconut cream (unsweetened) & Blueberries. Having a catchy name makes it a lot more fun….right??? It turned out to be an awesome activity finalizing a name, with my kids going in all crazy. We came up with few whacky fun names & Le CocoBlue won the lottery!!
Let’s tacobout the ingredients – I had some fresh blueberries from our local farmer’s market and strawberries from our neighborhood store, sitting in the fridge. So I thought of using it to make this Irresistible summer dessert in the form of frozen treat. This popsicle is quite refreshing, it is a little sweet, and the coconut flavor with a slight hint of sweet condensed milk plays off the tartness from fruits nicely.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!!!
Need step-by-step instructions and all the details, checkout my video below for all that and a lot more recipes. Excited about receiving new, interesting recipe emails in your inbox? Simply subscribe to my website and my YouTube channel YouTube channel and click on notifications bell!
Le CocoBlue - Popsicle
- 1 Cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tsp. Lemon juice
- 2 pcs. Cardamom pods
- 1-2 Tbsp. Honey, (maple syrup or agave nectar) optional for additional sweetness if needed
Coconut Cream Mix
- 1 Cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. condensed milk, omit if using sweetened coconut cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essence
- Place blueberries into a small saucepan on medium heat. Add lemon juice and cardamom pods
- Cover with lid and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add honey, mix and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Cook till blueberries turn mushy.
- Taste test for tartness, add honey if needed.
- Turn off the heat once the sauce thickens.
- Remove the cardamom pods & set aside the sauce to cool.
Coconut Cream Mix
- In a container add condensed milk, coconut cream and vanilla essence.
- Mix thoroughly.
- In a popsicle mold, spoon in layers of the blueberry sauce and top it with a layer of coconut cream mix.
- Place tops on and freeze overnight, for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and run molds under hot water for a minute until the popsicle is released from the mold.
- Serve immediately.
- You can pour in the sauce & coconut mix any way you like, swirl it with a skewer or create 3-4 alternate layers.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @Recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.