This zesty besty salad combines various crunchy vegetables and fruits along with freshly prepared lemon basil vinaigrette. This recipe makes for an amazingly refreshing lunch or picnic dish and the ingredients used in this salad give it a extremely bright and colorful appearance.
WHAT IS IN ZESTY BESTY SALAD
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mixed greens – I used a mix of Romaine, iceberg lettuce, arugula
- Red cabbage
- Sweet corn
- Nuts – I used pecans
- Salad dressing – I used lemon basil vinaigrette
CHECK OUT OUR ZESTY BESTY SALAD VIDEO!!!
Need step-by-step instructions and all the details, checkout my video below for all that and a lot more recipes. Excited about receiving new, interesting recipe emails in your inbox? Simply subscribe to my website, especially my YouTube Channel and click on notifications bell!
Zesty Besty Salad
- 2 Cups Mixed greens like, Romaine, iceberg lettuce, arugula
- 4-5 pieces Strawberry, sliced
- ½ Avocado, cubed
- 3 Tbsps. Red cabbage, thinly shredded
- ½ Cup Grilled sweet corn, cut the kernels
- 4 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsps. Beetroot, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsps. Carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsps. Glazed pecans,
- 2 Tbsps. Lemon basil dressing
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Chop the mixed greens into bit size pieces
- Slice the strawberries
- Thinly shred red cabbage
- Grate the carrots
- Grill the corn & cut corn off the cob
- Slice open half an avocado and cut into cubes
- Chop the beetroot into bite sized pieces
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves
- Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl and pour lemon basil vinaigrette
- Gently toss the salad
- This refreshing summertime salad is now ready to be served
- Like meat?? Try adding chunks of chicken or turkey to the salad.
- To add protein for vegetarians, simply use quinoa, couscous pearls or black beans.
- Use Plant-based Field Roast’s Chao block creamy cheese in place of regular feta cheese and turn it into a vegan recipe.
- Make it a fiber-loaded salad by adding quinoa, farro or black beans. Fiber helps with digestion and prevents constipation.
- Need extra flavor?? Use other salad dressing like strawberry vinaigrette, Chile-lime dressing, balsamic vinaigrette, etc.
- This salad can be made using veggies like cucumber, iceberg lettuce, shredded cabbage, baby spinach, kale, broccoli, bell peppers.
- Other fruits that you can use are grapes, oranges, mangoes, etc., the possibilities are nearly endless!
- Nuts like almonds, pine nuts, toasted & spiced chickpeas, black or white sesame seeds, etc. add the crunch factor.
- Herbs such as cilantro, basil, mint, parsley, dill, etc. give aromatics.
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment, rate it, follow us on Instagram @RecipeForte. It is super helpful for us and other readers.
Making this recipe?? Share a photo, tag with #recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.