It is good to try different diets occasionally. They give you a perspective and allow you to admire the work of nature. Nature – that gives us so many unique ingredients to work with. I mean, food always does not have to revolve around meat, poultry, and dairy ingredients. Once in a blue moon, one should turn vegetables the superstar of the meal.
I have recently started trying various vegan recipes. And to my surprise, they have turned out really well. In fact, when you are looking for a quick and easy entrée, going the vegan route is always a good choice. For instance, try vegan mushroom pepper fry.
That is what I recently tried, and honestly, I am head over heels in love with the flavors. It is a super easy recipe that is perfect for fall and holidays. It requires simple ingredients, mainly mushrooms, and peppers. Sauté and flavor them with whole spices, and that is all you need.
This recipe is quick, low-carb and very tasteful. Above all, you can customize this recipe by adding more spices or vegetables and giving it your personal touch. Moreover, you can try it with different types of mushrooms or combine a few to see how different flavors and textures get along. This recipe is straight-up tasteful and healthy.
VARIETY OF EDIBLE MUSHROOMS AVAILABLE
Believe it or not, mushrooms are among the most widely grown food item. They are grown in so many different types. However, not all mushrooms are edible. About 480 known spices of mushroom are poisonous, whereas about 1020 known mushroom species are perfectly safe to eat. Here are some of the known edible types of mushrooms that are not poisonous and are very beneficial to eat:
- Cremini or brown mushrooms
- Button mushrooms
- Oyster mushrooms
- Portobello mushrooms
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Porcini mushrooms
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSHROOMS
- To begin with, mushrooms are low in calories. So, they are a good choice for those who are into weight management.
- Mushrooms are rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants not just protect your body against free radicals but also help with anti-aging.
- Mushrooms protect the functioning of your brain as you grow old. Including it in your daily diet protects you against several neurological conditions. Moreover, they also boost memory.
- Mushrooms do what chocolate does. They improve your mood. Mushrooms help in dealing with anxiety and depression as well. They do that because of the presence of ergothioneine, which reduces oxidative stress.
- Mushrooms also protect your heart. They reduce the bad cholesterol in your body; as a result, ensure that your heart is functioning properly… all thanks to Beta-glucan in them.
- Since mushrooms are a good source of plant-based vitamin D, they promote bone health.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO!!!
Need step-by-step instructions and all the details, checkout my video below for all that and a lot more recipes. Excited about receiving new, interesting recipe emails in your inbox? Simply subscribe to my website, especially my YouTube Channel and click on notifications bell!
Vegan Mushroom Pepper Fry
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced – 8oz
- 1 Cup Green Bell peppers, sliced
- 1 Cup Onions
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsps. Coriander seeds
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek leaves
- 1 Tbsps. Garlic, chopped
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsps. Oil
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cloves, and black pepper. Grind the spice mixture in a blender into a fine powder. Keep aside for later use.
- Take oil on medium heat and add bay leaves, cinnamon stick. Sauté for 2 minutes
- Add garlic and fry till it runs light brown.
- Put onions and green bell peppers and sauté for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add turmeric powder, fry for 2 minutes and add mushrooms.
- Add salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala and ground spice mix. Cook for another 5 minutes
- Add fenugreek leaves, mix thoroughly before serving!
VARIATIONS OF MUSHROOM ENTREES
Mushrooms are versatile, not just in spices but in ways of cooking as well. There are so many ways you can cook mushrooms and turn them into entrees. You can have them sautéed, broiled, and baked. They go well with almost every ingredient. Whether you serve them with vegetables or pair them with meat, mushrooms always taste good. Below are the most tastiest dishes made with mushrooms:
- Mushroom risotto with thyme
- Creamy pasta with mushroom
- Soy-glazed mushrooms with tofu
- Quinoa mushroom burger
- Ricotta, mushroom & kale salad
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment, rate it, follow us on Instagram @RecipeForte. It is super helpful for us and other readers.
Making this recipe?? Share a photo, tag with #recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.