Make this flavorful lemon basil vinaigrette when you need a quick and easy dinner or lunch salad. This gluten free, vegan, paleo, keto friendly dressing is tremendously zestful and why not?? By using only 5 basic ingredients that are not only fresh but easily available too.
All you need are the ingredients, a reliable blender and 10 minutes of your precious time. Let me show you how to create this magic in your kitchen!
WHY LEMON AND BASIL?
Sweet basil is mainly used in Mediterranean & Italian cuisines. Because of its distinctive flavor and aromatic properties, it is used in salads, pasta, pizza, and other dishes. You will also come across usage of lime/ lemon basil in Indonesian, Thai, and Vietnamese cuisines.
Eugenol – a chemical agent is found in significant amounts in sweet basil, is the reason why your basil plant smells so sweet when you touch, water or pluck it. Lime and lemon basils have high concentrations of limonene and citral, which gives them a citrusy scent. Lemon basil is widely used in herbal teas all around the world, as well as in Indonesian and Malaysian cuisines.
If you follow me on Instagram you would know my love of basil. I love it so much that I have 2 huge basil plants growing in my garden. There are many ways to use & store basil leaves. I will share the most easiest way I use it in my home. By making batches of lemon basil vinaigrette. I store some and give some to my friends. Refer to Recipeforte’s Foodnotes below for step by step guide.
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsps fresh basil sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 Tbsps parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 Tbsps Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- ½ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- If you have large quantity of basil leaves on hand & do not want to let it go to waste. Simply blend lemon & basil leaves along with all the other ingredients EXCEPT olive oil.
- Once blended smoothly pour into ice cubes & freeze.
- Ready to use the vinaigrette?? Thaw the smooth paste, add olive oil & blend again before pouring over your choice of salad.
- Once completely ready, store this lemon basil vinaigrette in refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment, rate it, follow us on Instagram @RecipeForte. It is super helpful for us and other readers.
Making this recipe?? Share a photo, tag with #recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.