This flavor-packed salad features locally grown slices of crisp, juicy peaches, grilled just right to bring out their richness, served with crumbly feta on a bed of garden-fresh baby spinach. Topped with home-made, tangy balsamic vinaigrette. Serve with a sprinkle of healthy dried beet chips and garnish with roasted, lightly salted pecans. This grilled peach with feta salad can be enjoyed with your favorite grilled kabobs, chicken or fish dishes.
WHAT MAKES THIS PEACH WITH FETA SALAD RECIPE PIN-WORTHY?!
- This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use seasonal peaches.
- Additionally, by purchasing locally-grown peaches, you are supporting local farmers and the local economy. Keep in mind that locally grown produce is harvested at the peak of ripeness, making it fresher and more nutritious. That means more brownie points for you!
- It pairs well with grilled kabobs, chicken or fish.
HOW TO CHOOSE A PEACH?
In order to make an amazing dish you require good quality ingredients. And the since the star of this dish is PEACH, let us talk about how to select the perfect peach. Here are the two things you want in the peaches – Ripe and firm!
- “Ripe” because a fruit that is plucked too early, is not “flavorful” at all &
- “Firm enough” as you do not want it to become a squishy mess, sticking and falling off the grill before it makes to the salad.
Grilled Peach with Feta Salad
- 2 Peaches, pitted, halved & cut into wedges
- ½ Cup Fresh spinach, rinsed and pat- dried
- ½ Cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ Cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsps. Olive Oil, extra virgin or the variety available
- ⅓ Cup Pecans, halves toasted
- 10-12 Pieces Dried Beet chips, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar, home-made or store bought
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning per taste
- Salt, for seasoning per taste
- Brush all sides of the peaches lightly with 1 Tbsp. (or less) of olive oil.
- Grill the peaches over a medium flame until they turn brown.
- Transfer the grilled peaches to a platter and let them cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, along with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper to taste.
- Then add the spinach to a large bowl, and toss it with the vinaigrette.
- Once the spinach is evenly coated, top salad with cherry tomatoes.
- Add a sprinkling of cheese and pecans.
- Then arrange 4 or5 grilled peach wedges atop the greens.
- Serve immediately.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
The dressing is the only thing that can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. An undressed salad can be stored for 2 days, but a dressed salad cannot be stored as it will wilt, it has to be consumed immediately.
- Grill the peaches until they turn light brown and begin to soften slightly, approximately 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- You can grill the peaches on the stove in a grill pan or on an electric indoor grill, like I did!
- You can swap spinach for arugula, romaine etc.
- Try different nuts like almonds, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, etc. to add variation to grilled peach with feta salad.
- You can also use homemade balsamic vinaigrette if you do not have store-bought available.
- Turn this salad vegan by using cheese such as this one, Violife’s just like Feta available at your local grocery stores.
- I tweaked this recipe a bit by adding dried beet chips, as I am always looking for ways to elevate the nutritional value of a dish for my family. This is totally optional.
- Other dressings that pair well with this salad are creamy pesto dressing, blue cheese and honey mustard dressing.
- Add some extra Parmesan to the salad to make it extra tasty.
- Add on some more fruits like Strawberries, Blueberries, Pineapple, Mango etc.
- It is important to thoroughly clean the surface of your grill or griddle prior to cooking the peaches because they will absorb the flavors of anything else you have previously cooked.
- Oil your grill thoroughly before adding the peaches to prevent sticking and burning.
- You can use pancetta or cooked bacon to boost the flavor, this too is optional.
Liked this recipe? Leave a comment below, rate it! It is super helpful for us and other readers. Be sure to follow us on FACEBOOK @RecipeForte.
Making this recipe?? Share a photo with @RecipeForte on INSTAGRAM, hashtag with #recipeforte so we can share what you’re cooking!
Other delectable recipes to choose from EASY MASALA EGG CURRY, HOW TO MAKE “A HUG IN A BOWL”, DELICIOUS & FLUFFY ASIAN PEAS RICE or check out our latest recipes on the BLOG.
Looking for more entrée recipes? Click here.
Leave a Reply